1. Assiri A, McGeer A, Perl TM, Price CS, Al Rabeeah AA, Cummings DA, et al. Hospital outbreak of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus. New England Journal of Medicine. 2013;369(5):407-16.
2. Grant WB, Lahore H, McDonnell SL, Baggerly CA, French CB, Aliano JL, et al. Evidence that vitamin D supplementation could reduce risk of influenza and COVID-19 infections and deaths. Nutrients. 2020;12(4):988.
3. Zhong N, Zheng B, Li Y, Poon L, Xie Z, Chan K, et al. Epidemiology and cause of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in Guangdong, People’s Republic of China, in February 2003. The Lancet. 2003;362(9393):1353-8.
4. Rothan HA, Byrareddy SN. The epidemiology and pathogenesis of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak. Journal of autoimmunity. 2020:102433.
5. Hastie CE, Mackay DF, Ho F, Celis-Morales CA, Katikireddi SV, Niedzwiedz CL, et al. Vitamin D concentrations and COVID-19 infection in UK Biobank. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. 2020.
6. Bernheim A, Mei X, Huang M, Yang Y, Fayad ZA, Zhang N, et al. Chest CT findings in coronavirus disease-19 (COVID-19): relationship to duration of infection. Radiology. 2020:200463.
7. Calder PC, Carr AC, Gombart AF, Eggersdorfer M. Optimal nutritional status for a well-functioning immune system is an important factor to protect against viral infections. Nutrients. 2020;12(4):1181.
8. Vercammen KA, Moran AJ, McClain AC, Thorndike AN, Fulay AP, Rimm EB. Food security and 10-year cardiovascular disease risk among US adults. American journal of preventive medicine. 2019;56(5):689-97.
9. Dorosty AR. Food insecurity and chronic diseases: the editorial. Nutrition and Food Sciences Research. 2016;3(3):1-2.
10. Janzadeh H, Mozaffari-Khosravi H, Javadi M. The Association of Food Insecurity, Inflammation, and Several Socioeconomic Factors with Type 2 Diabetes: A Case-Control Study. Journal of Nutrition and Food Security. 2020;5(1):38-46.
11. Behzadifar M, Behzadifar M, Abdi S, Malekzadeh R, Salmani MA, Ghoreishinia G, et al. Prevalence of food insecurity in Iran: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Archives of Iranian medicine. 2016;19(4):288-94.
12. Saiz Jr AM, Aul AM, Malecki KM, Bersch AJ, Bergmans RS, LeCaire TJ, et al. Food insecurity and cardiovascular health: Findings from a statewide population health survey in Wisconsin. Preventive medicine. 2016;93:1-6.
13. Golovaty I, Tien PC, Price JC, Sheira L, Seligman H, Weiser SD. Food insecurity may be an independent risk factor associated with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease among low-income adults in the United States. The Journal of Nutrition. 2020;150(1):91-8.
14. Leung CW, Epel ES, Ritchie LD, Crawford PB, Laraia BA. Food insecurity is inversely associated with diet quality of lower-income adults. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. 2014;114(12):1943-53. e2.
15. Weigel MM, Armijos RX, Hall YP, Ramirez Y, Orozco R. The household food insecurity and health outcomes of US–Mexico border migrant and seasonal farmworkers. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. 2007;9(3):157-69.
16. Cook JT, Frank DA, Levenson SM, Neault NB, Heeren TC, Black MM, et al. Child food insecurity increases risks posed by household food insecurity to young children’s health. The Journal of nutrition. 2006;136(4):1073-6.
17. Androgué H, Madias M. Mechanisms of disease. Sodium and potassium in the pathogenesis of disease. N Engl J Med. 2007;356:1956-78.
18. Hamelin A-M, Beaudry M, Habicht J-P. Characterization of household food insecurity in Quebec: food and feelings. Social science & medicine. 2002;54(1):119-32.
19. Daneshi-Maskooni M, Sakineh S-B, Badri-Fariman M, Erfan A, Mohammadi Y, Jafarnejad S, et al. Questionnaire-based prevalence of food insecurity in Iran: a review article. Iranian Journal of Public Health. 2017;46(11):1454.
20. Kraege V, Vollenweider P, Waeber G, Sharp S, Vallejo M, Infante O, et al. Professor Masoud Mirzaei, MD PhD Short resume. Policy. 2019.
21. Dave JM, Evans AE, Saunders RP, Watkins KW, Pfeiffer KA. Associations among food insecurity, acculturation, demographic factors, and fruit and vegetable intake at home in Hispanic children. Journal of the American Dietetic Association. 2009;109(4):697-701.
22. Esmaeel Zadeh A, Kimiyagar M, Mehrabi Y, Azadbakht L. Dietary patterns and risk of chronic diseases. Iran J Diabet Lipid Disord. 2005;5(1):1-9.
23. Mirmiran P, Esfahani FH, Mehrabi Y, Hedayati M, Azizi F. Reliability and relative validity of an FFQ for nutrients in the Tehran lipid and glucose study. Public health nutrition. 2010;13(5):654-62.
24. Keshteli AH, Esmaillzadeh A, Rajaie S, Askari G, Feinle-Bisset C, Adibi P. A dish-based semi-quantitative food frequency questionnaire for assessment of dietary intakes in epidemiologic studies in Iran: design and development. International journal of preventive medicine. 2014;5(1):29.
25. Asghari G, Rezazadeh A, Hosseini-Esfahani F, Mehrabi Y, Mirmiran P, Azizi F. Reliability, comparative validity and stability of dietary patterns derived from an FFQ in the Tehran Lipid and Glucose Study. British journal of nutrition. 2012;108(6):1109-17.
26. Ghaffarpour M, Houshiar-Rad A, Kianfar H. The manual for household measures, cooking yields factors and edible portion of foods. Tehran: Nashre Olume Keshavarzy. 1999;7:213.
27. Rafiei M, Nord M, Sadeghizadeh A, Entezari MH. Assessing the internal validity of a household survey-based food security measure adapted for use in Iran. Nutrition journal. 2009;8(1):28.
28. Daneshi Maskooni M, Dorosty Motlagh AR, Hosseini SM, Zendehdel K, Kashani A, Safarpour M, et al. Food insecurity and some associated socioeconomic factors among upper gastrointestinal cancer patients. Int Res J Appl Basic Sci. 2013;4(2):482-6.